By Cameron Smith
Photo Credit: Highflyer Images
Harrison Hunkin has joined the Cody Fullarton Cup Leader board after picking up four votes for an impressive display across half-back for the Victoria Point Sharks on the weekend.
The Sharks finished hard after a slow start but have now slipped to fourth after losing to Coolangatta-Tweed by 9-points.
Damian Steven was named best player for the Sharks, and Harrison Kerr led the goal kicking with four.
Adrian Williams took over the lead in the Deion Menzies Cup with three majors taking him to 22 for the season.
Jai Larkins and Daniel Fleming got the spoils over Dan Edwards and Caleb Franks as Maroochydore defeated Sherwood 31-ponts in the QAFL.
Jai and Flem both played well, in what was a great team performance for the Roos. Dan Edwards was also handy for Sherwood though and kicked a quality goal in the last quarter to give the Pies a slim chance of victory.
Mt Gravatt defeated Surfers Paradise by 65-points.
Harrison Gobbie was one of Mt Gravatt’s better players and Tom Matthews kicked a goal in the impressive victory.
The win means Mt Gravatt jump over Sherwood in the ladder, making for what will be an enthralling last three weeks of the home-and-away season.
In QFA Division 1, Jamie Ivers kicked two goals in Mayne’s 38-point win over Beenleigh.
Will O’Dwyer and Mav Pettigrove both kicked goals in Noosa’s 100-point win over UQ.
Up in Cairns, Peter Yagmoor celebrated his first win for the Cairns City Lions defeating the Cutters by 18-points.
It was great to see after the game Yags celebrating the win with his son Jax in the middle of the Lions song.
Of major interest this week will be the Southside clash between Mt Gravatt and Morningside at Dittmer Park on Saturday.
The Sharks continue their quest for a top two position with an away game against Coomera also on Saturday.
Cody Fullarton Cup (most votes in best)
- Luke O’Sullivan (Mt Gravatt) 17
- Jack Rolls (Morningside) 16
- Scott Miller (Victoria Point Sharks) 15
- Kailem Baker (Kenmore Bears) 13
- Matt Hammelmann (Morningside) Jai Larkins (Maroochydore) Adrian Williams (Victoria Point Sharks) Harrison Hunkin (Victoria Point Sharks) 10
- Craig Malone (Alex Hills) 9
- Damian Steven (Victoria Point Sharks) 8
Deion Menzies Medal (Most Goals)
- Adrian Williams (Victoria Point Sharks) 22
- Matt Hammelmann (Morningside) 20
- Harrison Kerr (Victoria Point Sharks) 15
- Mav Pettigrove (Noosa) Jamie Ivers (Mayne) 9
- Seb Rogers (Noosa) 7